Personal hygiene is not a big deal for kids if parents are aware. They start teaching personal hygiene from the initial days like washing hands regularly, brushing, bathing, etc. Kids must be taught to keep a personal hygiene routine. On the following routine, this personal hygiene will become habits for a lifetime. In schools kids are more guided to maintain personal hygene and good habits.
One of the best ways to protect from illness is good personal hygiene. This requires washing hands and body regularly. We have to be careful not to cos and sin in front of other people. If you are not well then the used handkerchief or tissue should be decomposed properly or washed thoroughly before reusing. Tissues should be put into the waste Bin or buried.
Personal hygiene depends very much on washing and bathing. Most of the infections like flu, cough, cold, etc. are caught put our dirty hands in the mouth. Some infections are transmitted when other people’s drive hands touch the food we eat. We should always wash hands with soap and water to remain clean and healthy. We should wash our hands:
- After using toilet
- Before preparing or eating food
- After touching the pets
- If you have come into contact with an infected person, who is suffering from coughing or has a cold.
Personal hygiene may be described as the principal of maintaining cleanliness of the body. If we maintain a high level of personal hygiene, then it will help us to increase self esteem and confidence. This will help to minimise the chances of developing imperfections and illness. If we fail to keep us on a standard of hygiene, then it can have many implications. Such as, it can increase the risk of getting infections or illness.
We should teach the children the importance of hygiene as early as possible, such as washing, oral care, toilet hygiene, and hair care. These are some of the basic personal hygiene to be taught as part of every day routine. Food hygiene is the most important aspect of personal hygiene. If we are careless with our food hygiene, then it can have a very significant effect, we can start and spread many illness through contact with food that we eat.
Good grooming and hygiene are essential. It’s never too early to start being concerned about your appearance – first impressions are everything.Robert Parish
Healthy habits for kids to maintain personal hygiene
It is important for all of us to minimise the risk of infection and also to enhance overall health. The basic person hygiene habits are:
- Take bath regularly. The body and hand regularly.
- Trim your nails. Keep the fingers and toenails trimmed. This will help prevent infections in the fingers and toenails.
- Brush your teeth and floss. We should brush our teeth every meal. At least, we should brush our teeth twice a day and floss daily. If we brush teeth, it minimizes the accumulation of bacteria in the mouth, which can cause tooth decay and gum disease. Flossing also helps to maintain strong and healthy gums. The bacteria can go straight to the heart and cause very serious valve problems. Can healthy gums also can cause our teeth to loosen, which makes it difficult to chew and to eat properly. It is important to visit the dentist at least once in the six months and checkups and cleanings.
- Wash your hands with soap and water. If you wash your hands before preparing or eating food, after coming back from the bathroom, after coughing or sneezing and after handling garbage, helps to prevent from spreading the bacteria and viruses.
- Sleep well at night. This will help you to get refreshed and work efficiently. If you do not sleep enough, it may affect your immune system and make it weak.
If someone is dirty and has not bathed, then it can be a sign that is so he is depressed. When people are depressed they get negative themselves.
Healthy Hygene for kids Video
Personal hygiene problems for adolsense
The sudden and Rapid changes that adolescents go through make adult Sense very self-conscious, sensitive, and worried about their own body changes. The physical changes may not occur in a smooth and regular schedule. Adolescents may go through awkward stitches about their appearance and physical coordination. Girls are maybe anxious if they are not ready for the beginning of their menstrual periods. Boys may vary if they do not know about nocturnal emissions.
During adolescence, it is normal for young people to begin to separate from their parents and establish their own identity. In some cases, this may occur without a problem from their parents and other family members. However, in some families, the adolescent’s rebellion may lead to conflict as the parents try to keep control. As adults pull away from their parents in a search for their own identity, their friends become more important.
- Their peer group may become a safe place, in which the adolescence can explore new ideas.
- In early adolescence, Peer groups usually consist of nonromantic friendships.
- Members of the peer group try to act alike, dress alike, have secret codes for rituals, and participate in the same activities.
- As the youth moves into mid-adolescence (14 to 16 years) and beyond, the peer group expands to include romantic friendships.
During adolescence, children develop ability to
- Understand abstract ideas, such as higher math concepts, and develop moral philosophies, including rights and privilege.
- Establish and maintain a satisfying relationship by learning to share intimacy without feeling worried.
- Move toward a more mature sense of themselves and their purpose.
- Question old values without losing their identity.
Regular Health Check-up is necessary to maintain personal hygene
Regular health check-ups and tests can help to find problems before they start. They also can help to find problems before they start. They also can help find problems early, when there are changes for treatment and cure are better. Which checks-up and tests are necessary for you? It depends on your age, health and family history, and lifestyle choices such as what you eat, How active you are, and whether you smoke or not.
A health checkup consists of a series of tests that are designed to check if you are healthy or not. The basic aim of a health check-up is to find the hidden disease in your body, prevent it from building and lower its effect on your body. Health check-up has many advantages. Health check-ups help to increase your lifespan by improving your health and preventing it from worseing.
When you were a small child, your parents probably made sure you had an annual checkup and all necessary immunizations. Regular checkups are important to help to identify the risk factors and problems before they become serious. If diseases are identified only then the treatments are usually much more effective. Kids also should be taught about community health because they are also a part of the community. Ultimately, regular doctor’s check-ups will help you to live a long and healthy life.
The prevention checkup is effective for personal hygiene
Prevention checkup includes
- Blood, urine, vision, and hearing test to evaluate yours over health.
- Assessments of your blood pressure, cholesterol level, and weight.
- A discussion about your diet and exercise habits and any tobacco, drug, and alcohol use.
- Immunization and booster shots.
- A discussion about depression and stress to evaluate your mental health
Personal hygiene of kids are fully depend on their parents. Children’s follows How their parents taught them to take care of their personal health and cleanliness. So it is very important to please childrens about personal hygiene. Personal hygiene for kids is a way to be free from infections and disease in their future also.